Updated on 25.05.2018
Uztel.ro website and its subdomains, further referred to as “the Website” or “uztel.ro” is owned by UZTEL S.A, based in Romania, Ploiesti, 243 Mihai Bravu street, registered at the Trade Registry under the number J29/48/1991, C.I.F. Ro1352846. UZTEL S.A., further referred to as “We” or “Us”, is the data controller of the personal data submitted and processed by accessing the Website, , or via the forms on our website.
We process the personal data provided by you, further referred to as “The User”, in accordance with the Romanian Law no. 677/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, modified and supplemented and the Law. 506/2004 concerning the processing of personal data and privacy. Starting with May 25th, 2018, the personal data provided will be processed in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) and any regulations which will replace the Romanian Law no. 677/2001.
2. What personal data we collect?
We collect information on our website in two ways: directly provided by you through forms on our website, and automatically, when using our Website. We use both types of data to improve our service.
The personal data provided directly by you consist in name and e-mail address provided when filling in a contact form on our website. We sometimes may additionally require your phone number, company name and your position within the company, in order to contact you if more information is needed regarding the request, as well as get back to you with a personalized offer.
The information we collect automatically when you use our services consists in: log data – information collected automatically by our servers, including information that your browser sends when using it, that may include anonymized Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type, the date and time of your use of the Services, time spent on a certain page, information about your browser; device information – depending on what type of device you are using and its settings, we may collect information about what type of device you are using, what operating system you are using, geolocation information – IP addresses and geo location data received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location – the IP information collected on our website is anonymised;
Please read carefully the following information about cookies; we provide this information as we are aware of the value of identity protection and the rights of Internet users, and as we strive to be transparent and comply with the European regulations.
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Cookies are completely passive, they are not software and cannot access information on the user’s hard drive. Cookies are in fact storing information in small text files, which allows the website server to recognize a certain browser – your browser. The server will recognize the browser until the cookie is deleted – any user can do this manually in their browser. Users also have the option to set their own cookie settings in their browser.
Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information (such as items in a shopping cart) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited by the user as far back as months or years ago). Cookies are the core to the overall use of the Internet as they help create a friendly browsing activity and personalize browsing sessions.
Cookies are not viruses, nor codes which can be executed. They use plain text formats.
There are several types of cookies:
Session cookies, also known as an in-memory cookie or transient cookie, which exists in temporary memory only while the user is reading and navigating the website. Web browsers normally delete session cookies when the user closes the browser.
Persistent cookies will outlast user sessions. They are also called tracking cookies. Even if they are called persistent, a user can always delete the cookies directly from his browser.
Persistent cookies also include third party cookies. While first – party cookies are those from the same domain as shown in the browser’s address bar when you are browsing a website, third party cookies belong to domains different from the one shown in the address bar. Websites can feature third party cookies for banner adverts. The use of such cookies help improve the efficiency of online advertising, this delivering ads with higher chances of being relevant to you. Third party cookies should also respect the current laws and the confidentiality clauses, similarly to the main domain owner.
UZTEL use only session cookies, for the following purposes:
Improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur while it is being visited / used by users;
providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used to UZTEL S.A. as the owner of this website
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
4. Why do we collect and process the data?
Depending on the type of data collected, we have several purposes for collecting the data:
4.1. In order to deliver services to the User or answering the requests received via the forms on our website
4.2.We may process your personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations imposed by authorities, as exemplified in section 5 of this policy.
4.3. We may process your personal data for the purpose of legitimate interest of UZTEL S.A. and third parties, provided that such legitimated interest does not override interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the User, for the purposes of establishment, exercise or defense of our legal claims, protect ours or third party’s rights.
5. To whom might we disclose your personal data?
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may provide your personal data on a strict need-to-know basis, and only when it’s necessary to the following third parties:
- service providers which perform services for UZTEL S.A. The services include, for example, the provision of infrastructure and IT services, hosting, maintenance and optimization of the Website, media and marketing services, backup and recovery services, telecommunications services, IT security services. Unless strictly necessary or required by mandatory law, they are not authorized to disclose or use for their own purposes, the User’s personal data and shall act on behalf of and upon instructions of UZTEL S.A
- authorities or public institutions, including courts, such us tribunals, regulators, accountants, auditors, or other external consultants to the extent it is required to: (a) fulfill legal obligations imposed on UZTEL S.A; (b) protect and pursue UZTEL S.A’s, the other User’s or third party rights, including intellectual property rights; (c) protect the UZTEL S.A’s, other User’s or third party’s security.
As expressly explained above, we will never disclose your personal information to a third party, with the exception of UZTEL S.A’s employees and collaborators authorised and authorised service providers (hosting, accounting) required to process this information on our behalf or if the data disclosure represents a legal obligation of UZTEL S.A, our employees or the persons authorised.
6. What are your rights as the User in relation to personal data?
- The right to be informed – it’s in your rights to know, even from the point of collection, what data is collected, how will your data be used, to whom will your data be transferred or divulged and your rights regarding your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data collected about you – you have the right to know if your personal data is being processed and to get access to the data collected.
- The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data – you have the right to change or add to it if your personal data processed is inaccurate or out-of-date.
- The right to erasure of all data stored (right to be forgotten) – you have the right to request and obtain from us the deletion of all personal data collected concerning you, without undue delay. The only exceptions to this concern the data that is used for statistical purposes, to exercise a legal obligation or to state or defend a right in a court of law.
- The right to restriction of processing of personal data – you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data for a certain period of time, without having it deleted, by sending us a request in this regard, if you need that data for establishing, exercising or defending a right in court.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to receive from us the data that you provided us and give your data to another data controller without opposition or delay.
- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you – for example, you have the right to unsubscribe in every newsletter we send to you and control what type of information you want to receive from us by email, and on the website you can control what information we collect about you through the cookie consent form.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you, except if it is necessary for enforcing a contract between you and us, it is authorised by the European Union or the state law and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your or it is based on your explicit consent.
You can exercise these rights by contacting UZTEL S.A. by any of the following means:
- By written request to the postal address: UZTEL S.A, Romania, Ploiesti, 243 Mihai Bravu street.
We will respond to your request within 30 days and we can extend this term for specific reasons, related to the complexity of your request. In all cases, if this period is extended, we will inform you about the extension period and the reasons that led to it.
If we cannot give you access to your data, either for legal reasons or because the identifiers provided by you are not sufficient, we will inform you in due time, having the possibility to offer additional information, or, if the case informing you on the reasons for the refusal
7. Data Security
We commit to maintaining the security of your data and to ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal data, against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data, by putting in place the appropriate hardware and software security measures and enforcing the appropriate procedures to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of deletion, including keeping your information confidential by allowing only the authorized people to access the personal data provided.
8. Data retention period
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. For the information collected via forms on our website, depending on the scope of your message, we’ll retain your personal data for as long as it’s necessary to address your request.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required.
9. Changes in the information note
Please note, that we are committed to constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We reserve the right to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this policy at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to return to this note at all times. This document is current from the date that appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner compatible with the confidentiality notification under which it was collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.
10. Information about the Romanian National Authority for Data Protection (AUTORITATEA NAȚIONALĂ PENTRU SUPRAVEGHEREA PRELUCRĂRII DATELOR CU CARACTER PERSONAL – ANSPDCP)
If you consider that your rights, as reflected in the General Data Protection Regulation were infringed, you can file a complaint with ANSPDPC:
Contact data for ANSPDCP are the following:
Address: București, B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, Sector 1, cod poștal 010336